The Art of Therapeutic Harp - Weekend Retreat
From 17.00 Friday. 9th April – 13.00 Sunday 11th April, 2021
HARTZER PARK, 23 Eridge Park Rd, Burradoo (just past Bowral)
Join us in the beautiful Southern Highlands for a weekend away with Alison Ware, Australia’s most respected therapeutic harpist. Alison will run workshops exploring the wonderful world of therapeutic music on the lush and tranquil grounds of Hartzer Park, Bowral (about 2 hours south of Sydney). There will also be time to explore the grounds, to socialise, play or walk the labyrinth...
These workshops are designed for harpists of all levels and abilities. You do not have to be trained in therapeutic music. And even if you are, then this may be the perfect opportunity to take time out for yourself, reflect, or develop your own skills. We look forward to welcoming you all.
As Hartzer Park was originally a convent, accommodation is single rooms with the shared bathrooms. Each room has a bed, desk and sink with linen provided.
This weekend does have a limited capacity. Therefore, it will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
Alison will present several workshops that will cover various topics of therapeutic playing.
- An overview of therapeutic harp
- Expanding creativity with art & music
- Ideas on how to adjust a piece of music therapeutically
- The art of therapeutic harp
- Accommodation onsite
- All food (optional)
- Safe storage for your harp
There are 2 options available:
- Option 1 : course, accommodation, all food = $430.00
- Option 2 : course and accommodation only = $360.00
* Participants are expected to attend the whole weekend.
* These workshops are appropriate for people aged 18 years +.